Summer Fun Card

Have you ever gone to make a card with a set theme and just had no idea what to do, I have spend the last two weeks trying to decide what to do with this theme and it just stumps me.  Maybe as i really am not a summer girl.  If the theme was Winter I would of just nailed it.
I have gone from thinking..ice cream cones, sunglasses, sunshine.. and then thought OK Thongs (or flip flops for those thinking..what on earth)
I have managed to work with the theme but I simply do not have any bells and whistles in this card which is dissapointing.  Then again, often i make a card that doesnt grab me but someone else likes it.  I am sticking with that theory.  You cant tell from this photo but I have cut the thongs (flip flops) from craft foam with the dotty paper mounted on it.  So they are three dimensional.  I then threaded ribbon through the base to give the appearance of straps on the thongs.  I made the thongs on the pazzles machine fairly simply, the knife didnt want to cut all the way through the foam so i did a little by hand which is fine.  I think the actual thong is quite cute and i would use a larger version of that for a pool party invite of similar!

3 comments:

  1. This is so cute Penny,love the colours and DP!!! But,your thongs are amazing.....great work!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, just wanted to pop over and introduce myself to my new Creatalicious DT friends.

    And I love your card! What a clever idea!

    Kylie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh wow.. i love these thongs.. tooo cute.. bec xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for popping in and leaving a comment, have a great day.